Community animals don’t have loving pet parents and friends. They need your help. There are many ways you can help to ease their daily lives whether you only have a few minutes or want to invest more time.
Things you might do include:
- Using your social media accounts to promote animals who have been lost, found, or are looking for a forever home.
- Making regular contributions to a local pet food bank.
- Participating in our Presents 4 Pets Campaign.
- Caring for local feral or community kitties near your home.
- Supporting Trap, Neuter and Release (TNR) efforts.
- Attend or host a fundraiser or yappy hour.
- Buy a pie through Slice of Life at Thanksgiving through a rescue or vet team.
- Amazon user? Then check out Amazon Smiles and select a local group to support.
- Volunteer your time to a rescue group or shelter
Benefits of getting involved include:
- Meeting new people
- Satisfaction in helping improve an animal’s quality of life
- Relieving stress by interacting with animals
- Tax deduction for financial donations and costs of volunteering
Presents 4 Pets is a nationwide annual collection drive benefiting pets in shelters sponsored by the National Association of Professional Pets (NAPPS). Learn how you can help improve the quality of life for these animals. Your donation makes a big difference!
Have a pet with a fickle palate or unused food left from the loss of a beloved pet? Check out ways your donation can help keep a pet at home with their pet parent and not surrendered to a shelter. It is easy and can really make a big difference. Also, listed are local food banks in the DC/VA/MD area.
You have seen cats living nearby who don’t have a home. Learn about ways you can help make their life easier.
What will happen to your pet if they outlive you? Each year approximately 500,000 animals are surrendered to shelters because their caretaker had not made arrangements for their care if they suddenly die or become too ill to care for their beloved pet. Learn how to make plans now.
Good food and a great cause – talk about a winning combination. Help get rescue animals needed medical care while raising funds for Food and Friends. The pies are really yummy!
Want to help animals find a forever home more quickly? Check out these ideas.