IT’S HERE…… THE SLICE OF LIFE CAMPAIGN – DO GOOD! FEEL GOOD!
- This year marks the fifth year Friendship Hospital for Animals has teamed up with local rescue organizations including Humane Rescue Alliance formerly known as Washington Humane Society – Washington Animal Rescue League, City Dogs Rescue, Capital Canine Animal Rescue and Lucky Dog Animal Rescue. By participating in Slice of Life, these rescue groups have the chance to raise thousands of dollars towards their veterinary bills. Last year, the rescues on the Friendship Team sold 1,795 pies which generated $59,630 of medical services.
- Family and Friends also committed to donating 10% of the proceeds to Bill’s Kitchen in Puerto Rico as they restore critical services and their facility.
- You have the choice of either purchasing a pie to serve at a festivity or donating a delectable treat to be included in the Thanksgiving meal sent to a Food and Friends’ client.
- In addition to helping animals receive the care they need for successful adoptions, each pie you purchase will provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a child or adult battling HIV/AIDS, cancer or another critical illness. You can make their lives better by not only providing vital nutrition but hope and comfort in their time of need. Your pie will provide one day’s meals for someone in need through the local nonprofit Food and Friends.
- Order lines open in early October and sales end mid-November. Pies are available for pick-up on Tuesday before Thanksgiving from noon to 8 pm at a location near you. There are a variety of locations to choose from!
- Go to the Slice of Life Buy Pies Link and use the drop-down menu to select one of the worthy organizations listed above. Your choices are Seller: CDR City Dogs Rescue, Seller: Ms. Lucky Dog Rescue, Seller: The Humane Rescue Alliance, Seller: Capitol Canines Animal Rescue.
- Pass the word!
IT WAS ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN!
Thank you for supporting the Slice of Life Campaign. The Friendship Hospital for Animals was the Number 1 Pie Selling Team raising $63,344.00! Three of the four Rescues were in the Top 10 Pie Sellers. Your efforts helped all four Rescues to obtain free medical care for their animals. Bill’s Kitchen in Puerto Rico was able to purchase a generator and begin serving their clients-in-need! A special thanks to the Secret Santa who paid to transport and install the generator!
We will be back with the 2018 Slice of Life Pie link in October. See you then.